- Tenant guide
- Good living
- Online services
- Maintenance companies
- Rent supervision and payment
- Submit notifications online
- When moving
- Changes to agreements
Rent supervision and payment
Due date for rent payment is the 5th day of every month (or the following business day). At the beginning of your tenancy, you will receive a compilation invoice with the due dates for the rent payments until the end of February of the following year. Rents are reviewed annually, and new invoices are sent to tenants every year in November or December. Please contact our rent supervision if you have not received new invoices by the end of December.
View your rent balance, invoices and payment history in our tenant portal.
If you are entitled to receiving Kela’s general housing allowance, it should be paid directly to POAS’s account. Please deliver the payment information you have received from POAS to Kela for the payment of your housing allowance. If Kela pays the allowance directly to POAS’s account, POAS does not send a separate invoice for the remaining amount. Tenant is responsible for following and taking care of rent payments, rent-related issues and informing Kela of possible payment changes.
POAS has enabled e-invoicing so, if you wish, you can activate an e-invoice and receive an electronic rent invoice directly to your online bank every month. You need to have Finnish online banking credentials in order to activate the e-invoicing.
How to order the e-invoice:
- Order the e-invoice in your own online bank. Navigate to the e-invoices section and subscribe to a new e-invoice. Search for a new e-invoice sender with the name of Pirkan Opiskelija-asunnot Oy or business-ID 0211539-7. (NOTE! NOT POAS or Pirkanmaan opiskelija-asunnot. If you live in Jäähallinkaari, search for the sender with the name Kiinteistö Oy Kalevan Stara or business-ID 3010478-3)
- When ordering an invoice, you must provide a reference number, which you can find from the invoices previously sent by POAS and/or tenant portal. Please make sure the reference number you provide is correct as you won’t receive any e-invoices if the reference number cannot be found.
- Ordering an e-invoice varies depending on the bank. If necessary, ask for additional instructions directly from your own service provider.
Recipients of Kela’s housing allowance! If Kela pays your housing allowance directly to the landlord’s bank account, the amount of allowance is not considered in the e-invoice, and therefore the full amount of rent is stated in the e-invoice. You need to deduct the amount of housing allowance from the invoice and change the amount yourself in your online bank.
Trouble paying rent?
If you have trouble with paying the rent, contact our rent supervision immediately. If you contact us in advance, we can be flexible with the payment schedule and draw up a payment plan with you.
If you do not contact rent supervision and do not pay the rent despite payment reminders sent by us, we will begin debt collection proceedings through Intrum. After the debt collection has been assigned to Intrum, and you have received a reminder letter from them, you are to agree upon payments only with Intrum as instructed in the letter.
Contact rent supervision: Send a message to POAS in tenant portal.