Skip to Content

Changes to tenants

Changes in rental agreements, such as adding or removing parties, need to be informed to POAS office. Please see office’s contact information.

An office fee, as stated in the price list, is charged for any changes made to the rental agreements.

Adding another tenant to a rental agreement

If, during your tenancy, another person moves in with you, you need to fill out a new mutual housing application that includes the information of all people who are going to live in the apartment. New rental agreement cannot be backdated. The application is submitted electronically on our website, as usual. You don’t need to add attachments to the application. The housing application must be made at least one month before the intended new agreement comes into force.

Housing application

We’ll check the credit history of the person to be added. If there are no reasons for not adding another party to the agreement, a new agreement will be sent to be signed. All parties must sign the new rental agreement. The new agreement always enters into force on the first day of the month.

Adding a child as a resident

Child’s name and social security number needs to be informed to POAS, so the child can be added to a list of residents. You can inform POAS about newborn child by sending a message via tenant portal. There is no office charges for adding children as a resident in POAS apartment.

Removing a tenant from rental agreement

If you are moving out and wish to terminate your part of a rental agreement, both tenants must terminate their shared agreement first!

There are various ways of terminating the rental agreement:

When submitting the termination notice, inform us which tenant would like to continue living in the aparment. If there are no reasons for discontinuing the agreement, a new agreement will be sent to be signed.

If one tenant continues living in the apartment, the notice period is also one calendar month, as per the Act on Residential Leases. The notice period is calculated from the last day of the calendar month in which all parties have terminated their rental agreement. For example, if all parties terminate their rental agreement during January, your shared agreement ends on the last day of February!

Security deposit

If the security deposit is in the name of the person moving out, it will be refunded to that person, unless they give permission to transfer the security deposit to the tenant remaining in the apartment. If the security deposit is refunded to the person moving out, the remaining tenant(s) will have to pay a new security deposit. If the person moving out agrees to transfer the security deposit in the name of the remaining tenant(s), a written consent is required from the person moving out. Let POAS know how you would like the security deposit to be handled. You can inform this when terminating the agreement electronically. Alternatively, you can send a message in tenant portal or fill out a security deposit form and deliver it to POAS. Read more information on security deposit.