Exchange students’ housing
Information on exchange students’ housing
We provide furnished apartments for exchange students. Those are located in Vaaterakuja 5 (Peltolammi area) and Ritakatu 13 E-J (Ruotula). You can find the layout and other photos of the apartments from our apartment search.
These furnished apartments are shared and particularly suited for people who will stay in Finland for 6 months or less. If you need housing in Finland for a longer period, you can submit an application for POAS but you are not applicable for the furnished apartments.
You can see the rent of shared apartments in the apartment search. The rent includes water, electricity and Internet. In addition, there is a fee of 15,00€/month for furnished apartments. This fee is added to the basic rent shown in the search page, and it includes the use of following items in the apartment:
In the bedroom:
- Bed and mattress
- Desk and chair
- Shelf and drawers
- Ceiling lamp
- Waste bin
In the kitchen (shared):
- Water kettle
- Coffee machine
- Dining table and chairs
In the common area of the apartment (shared):
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner and cleaning equipment
Applying for housing
The shared apartments are applied similarly than all POAS apartments, by filling out the application form on our website. When applying for an apartment, please indicate the following in your application:
- The apartment type should be chosen as ”Room in a shared apartment” (Soluhuone) when filling in the application. This ensures that we will consider your application when making the tenant selection for the furnished apartments.
- Name of the educational establishment in Finland where your exchange will take place, and the duration of the exchange.
- If you have received a letter of acceptance from the educational establishment, please attach it to your application.
- If you are applying with a friend (or friends), all applicants must submit their own applications. You can specify with whom you are applying in the section “Further information”.
Furnished apartments always come with a fixed-term lease. Due to the temporary nature of the lease, the rental agreement cannot be terminated without reason specified in the Finnish legislation (the Act on Renting an Apartment). The fixed-term lease period will last at least 3 months.
The keys are picked up from our office located in Sorsapuisto 1, 33500 Tampere. Please see more information about picking up the keys: poas.fi/en/keys/
NOTE! If a tutor collects the keys, they must present a written authorization form showing that they are acting on your behalf.
A security deposit is required if/when you have received and accepted the housing offer. A receipt for the security deposit payment must be submitted to the landlord upon delivery of the keys at the latest.
No interest is paid on the security. The deposit is returned to the customer’s bank account within three weeks after their keys have been returned or after the apartment has been vacated, unless some (or all) of the security has been withheld. Upon termination of the contract, the apartment will be inspected. For this reason, it is important that you notify us of your account number upon termination of the lease. (Fixed-term contracts have no notice period, so the account number must be given separately).
If you have any questions, you can contact our office. See contact information here: poas.fi/en/contact/
- Tampere regional public transport
- TAMK Exchange students: Tamko and Club International Tampere CLINT rent Survival Kits to exchange students, which contain basic items such as kitchen utensils and bed linen. The kit assists foreign students to settle in their student apartment during an exchange period.
- Tampere University exchange students:
- This very article translated into Finnish can be found at poas.fi/tietopaketti-vaihto-opiskelijoille/