- Tenant guide
- Good living
- Online services
- Maintenance companies
- Rent supervision and payment
- Submit notifications online
- When moving
- Changes to agreements
Rental agreement is always terminated in a written form. A telephone call or email notification is not sufficient termination of the agreement. If there are many parties in the rental agreement, all agreement parties must terminate the agreement according to the instructions below.
How to terminate a rental agreement:
- at our office in Sorsapuisto 1, 33500 Tampere. Book an appointment for visiting our office.
- by printing a termination notice and sending the completed and signed form to our office by post or via email to email@example.com
The notice period is one (1) calendar month, as per the Act on Residential Leases. The notice period is calculated from the last day of the calendar month in which notice was given to POAS. For example, if you terminate your rental agreement during January, your tenancy ends on the last day of February.
Electronic termination of rental agreement
When the lessor gives notice on a rental agreement the notice period is six (6) months if the lease has lasted uninterruptedly for at least one (1) year immediately before the giving of notice. Otherwise, the notice period is three (3) months.
Cancellation of parking spaces
The parking space is concluded and cancelled separately from the rental agreement of the apartment. All parking spaces have a one-month (1 calendar month) notice period. The period of notice is calculated from the last day of the month in which the cancellation was made. Residents must cancel their own parking space contracts in the eParking system in compliance with the terms mentioned above. The right of use of the parking space ends on the last day of the month, even if the resident(s) have the right to use the apartment after the day in question. The contract ends automatically without notice if the parking fee has not been paid within two weeks (2 weeks) of the due date. Parking control has the right to fine vehicles parked in unpaid spaces.
If some tenant or tenants will stay in the apartment
If you wish to move out and terminate your part of a rental agreement, all agreement parties must terminate their shared agreement!
In these cases, too, the notice period is also one calendar month, as per the Act on Residential Leases. The notice period is calculated from the last day of the calendar month in which all parties have terminated their agreement. For example, if all parties terminate their agreement during January, your shared lease agreement ends on the last day of February!
In connection with the termination notice, inform the office which tenant would like to continue renting the apartment. If there is no reason for discontinuing the agreement, a new rental agreement will be sent to be signed.
If the security deposit is in the name of the person moving out, it will be refunded to the person, unless they give permission to transfer the security deposit into the name of the remaining tenant(s).
If the security deposit is refunded to the person moving out, the remaining tenant(s) will have to pay a new security deposit. If the person moving out agrees to leave the security deposit in the name of the tenant(s) remaining in the apartment, a written consent is required from the person moving out.
Let POAS know how you would like the security deposit to be handled. You can inform this when terminating the agreement electronically. Alternatively, you can send a message in tenant portal or fill out a security deposit form and deliver it to POAS. Read more information on security deposit.
The tenant moving out does not have to return their key to POAS, and in these cases there will be no apartment inspection. For further information, see changes to tenants.
If the rental agreement is terminated a minimum of two (2) months beforehand, POAS provides a termination bonus of 50,00 €. Termination bonus is paid to the tenant if notice of the termination of the rental agreement is submitted no less than two (2) months before its end.
The termination bonus is paid on the following conditions:
- The termination notice is submitted no less than two (2) months before the end of the rental agreement.
- The tenant does not have any debts (unpaid rent, parking space fees, or other) to the lessor. The bonus cannot be used to decrease debts.
- The security deposit is fully refundable (the apartment has been cleaned properly, the keys have been returned, etc.).
- Termination bonus is paid at the same time with the security deposit refund, and to the bank account provided by the tenant.
- The bonus does not apply to moving from one POAS apartment to another, or to cases when another party/other parties of the rental agreement remain in the apartment (i.e. the apartment is not vacated).