Subleasing POAS apartment
We have received many questions regarding POAS apartments and Airbnb. However renting POAS apartments forward through Airbnb and other similar services is prohibited.
Subleasing apartments must always happen according to POAS´s conditions and subleasing must always be approved by POAS. If you wish to sublease your apartment read more below or on Subleasing section.
You can either sublease your whole apartment or part of the apartment to subtenant´s use. If you rent the whole apartment you need to fill in a subtenancy agreement. If you wish to sublease maximum half of your apartment to subtenant´s use you must fill in partial subtenancy agreement. Read more below.
If you wish to rent forward the whole apartment:
- Find yourself a subtenant who meets POAS criteria, is either student or under 30 years old working person in Pirkanmaa region. Notice! If subtenancy period is during summer and lasts 3 months or under, subtenant doesn´t need to meet POAS´s criteria. However, we still need subtenancy agreement´s appendices from subtenant!
- Fill in and sign subtenancy agreement
- Send the filled and signed subtenancy agreement and appendices to POAS office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also bring them to our office or sent them by post. Subtenant must prove that he/she is a student or working person under 30. You should send the contract and appendices well in advance at least 1 month before you wish your sublease to start for POAS´s approval.
POAS checks the agreement and appendices and also subtenant credit history and if everything is fine, subtenancy starts.
Students are required to prove that they are currently studying by presenting one of the following:
- a certificate of studies from your school, dated no more than three months ago
- a student admission letter from your school, accepted until the date your studies begin
- Kela’s valid decision on the payment of a study grant, including the name of the student and the school
- a student card that includes the name of the student and the school and has a valid year tag, granted by a students’ union.
Working people shall present one of the following:
- the latest wage slip for a period of a month
- a valid employment contract
Minimum time for subtenancy is 1 month and maximum 24 months. If you sublease your apartment many times in smaller periods all of those will be summed up. Read more about subleasing.
If you wish to sublease maximum half of your apartment to subtenants use:
- Find yourself a subtenant
If you sublease maximum half of your apartment to subtenants use, subtenant doesn´t need to meet POAS´s criteria
- Fill in and sign partial subtenancy agreement
- Send the filled and signed partial subtenancy agreement to POAS office via email to email@example.com. You can also bring it to our office or sent it by post. You should send the contract well in advance at least 1 month before you wish your sublease to start for POAS´s approval.
POAS checks the agreement and if everything is fine, subtenancy starts.